This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Friday, October 1, 2010

Are You Talking About My Child?

I was talking to my sons teachers the other day while picking him up from school.  I wanted to make sure that he wasn't giving them any trouble and trying to see if there was anything that needed to be addressed.  They replied that he is such a pleasure to teach.  He is quiet, polite and very helpful.  I was taken back for a minute and almost asked "are you talking about my child?"  Since his school is very small I figured they didn't have him confused with another child, but still wondered in the back of my mind.

It reminded me when I was little.  I was the perfect child, when my parents were not around.  I remember my parents also being in shock when they were told that I was obedient, polite and helpful.  As if they were talking about another child.  My parents would laugh about it all of the time.

Like my son, I also drove my parents nuts.  Not listening, fighting with my brother and sister or whatever else the case may be.  I bet my parents wished that they could trade their me for other peoples me.  You know the "good one".

It funny how our kids are usually really good for other people, not so much for us.  My son drives me absolutely crazy sometimes, but he is an angel for other people.  He listens, does as he is told, understands right away.  When he is me, I might as well be talking to the wall.

I am proud, that people are impressed by him.  I am proud that he is polite , quiet and very helpful.  That means that even though he is not like that with me, that I have raised him right.  At least he knows how to act in public. 

As for the two year old.  I'm not so sure, she is a little more difficult and has a mind of her own.  With her I don't think I will be asking, "are you talking about my child?"  I might say, "not my child again."  ;)  Hopefully she will turn out as good as her brother, only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails