This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Am I A Hoarder?

I got this great urge to clean my house the other day.  A few nights ago a group of girlfriends and I started talking about the show "Hoarders." I haven't seen the show because my husband is too cheap and we only have basic cable.  But that is besides the point.  They were discussing things back and forth about different shows and they people on them.  I guess if you have seen the show, you know what its about. It got me to thinking, am I a hoarder?

No my house is not that bad, at least I don't think it is. I do like to keep things,  in case I need them later.  Things seem to pile up on me, I get overwhelmed by the mess.  I don't like to throw certain things away.  I do like to collect odd things that serve no purpose.  I don't collect trash or anything like that.  Actually looking around my house, I may have a slight case of hoarding.  I keep papers for years and keep every little piece of paper for who knows why.  It kind of drives me crazy.  Things do have a place and I don't have to dig to find things, unless its clothes ;)

I guess the better term for me would be "pack rat". I do admit to that. Even my son is a bit of a "pack rat".

But that ends now, no more keeping things for the sake of just keeping things.  I have got to learn to let go and move on.  If I haven't used it in years or if I haven't used it at all it needs to go.  There is no point in keeping papers for years, its got to go!!

Just talking about that show got me worried, I have got to start cleaning ;)  I don't even want to think for a second that I could become that bad.  I have to stop it now!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. :) :) I used to be in that state too.. LOL.. and it takes a little time to finally grow out of it.. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails