This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Wednesday, October 20, 2010

You Made A What??

Source-grades-demoImage via Wikipedia
Once again I am the worst mommy.  A few weeks ago, my son came home with a "C" on a math test and I literally went ballistic.  He is smart, too smart and he made a "C".  Yes, I was upset, really upset. We studied the week before and even the night before and he knew everything.

This is the problem with my 7 year old.  He rushes and makes careless mistakes, that is what makes me angry. He is not a "C" student, he is an "A" student.  If he was a "C" student then and "C" would not be a problem.  But he doesn't struggle with his work.  He gets it and understands it right away.  Just when he is taking the test he rushes and he doesn't check over his work.  He rushes because he gets awarded for getting his work done and then gets to play with his friends. So I am stuck with the task of being the disciplinarian because my husband doesn't think a "C" is bad.  Well its not if he is a "C" student.

I understand now why my parents pushed me.  As parents we want our children to live up to their potential.  If he was struggling and having problems with his work, then a "C" would not be a problem.  But when he doesn't want to study and acts like he know and makes a "C" then we have a problem.  I want him to live up to his potential and will push him anyway I can to get him to where he needs to be.

My only question, am I being to hard on him???
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails