This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Monday, October 18, 2010

My Doctor's Appointment


(TMI DISCLAIMER!!!!)

I had a doctors appointment first thing this morning at 8:00 am.  I had forgotten about the appointment till I was reminded late Friday evening.  This morning I am rushing, I am tired, but I have to get my 7 year to school and then myself to my appointment, which is on the other side of town.  Running late as usual, and since I didn't remember about the appointment the previous week I had to send an email to my work to let them know that I would be a little late coming in.  I am thinking this is just a quick check up, so I should be in and out. No problem.

The appointment was with my dermatologist.  I had a very small atypical mole removed on my stomach about three months ago and they just wanted a recheck.  So I am thinking he will quickly check the area and then I am done.  No problem.  Well, it didn't quite go that way.  Because the mole was "atypical" meaning it wasn't cancerous or even precancerous, it just wasn't normal, they had to do a whole body check (it wasn't as bad as it sounds, but I will spare you the details).  Lucky me!!

Seriously, I was not prepared for this, luckily my undies had no holes in them ;)  But I would have least shaved my legs.  Today was definitely not a dress day.  I know, I know he has probably seen worse, but I didn't want to be the worst today.  Luckily I was one of his first appointments, so hopefully I was worsted out by someone else.

I just sat in the room waiting in my designer gown and laughing, this is what I get.  It was funny, I should have known better.

So the appointment took longer then I had anticipated and I was later for work then I wanted to be. But all went well except for my pride. 

Lesson learned be prepared and expect the unexpected at next doctors appointment.  You never know what will happen. And there is no such thing as a quick check.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails