This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Friday, October 22, 2010

Apparently That Is Me

Have you ever went into a hospital and saw a really dramatic women there?  You know the one who freaks out over the needles or the IV that they are trying to draw.  Even worse the one who passes out because she looks at the IV.  You know who I am talking about, the over dramatic person who keeps apologizing for her craziness, but keeps acting crazy.  The one that really gives the staff a run for their money, and hopefully a good laugh.

Well, apparently that crazy person is me. 

Thursday morning around 1:00 am, I found myself with excruciating back and abdominal pain. It really was bad.  It had started around 7:00 pm the previous evening and progressively got worse.  I thought it would pass and was determined to wait it out, because I am stubborn.  But, by 1:00 am the pain was so I bad, it was unbearable.  I then decided to go to the emergency room.  I needed some kind of relief.  Besides the fact that I was worried that it might be another kidney infection, or something more serious.

So I drove myself, in pain, to the hospital, checked myself in and then the crazy part.  So I know that they need to draw an IV in order to give me pain medication.  I understand this fully.  But when they came to draw the IV she had trouble threading it and I started to get woozy.  I told the tech that she would just have to take it out.  I think I hurt her feelings.  She then went to the other arm to try to draw on that side and I asked her to wait until I got my bearings back.  She left the room.  I felt really bad, but was afraid of fainting.  Yes I am one of those. Well, I wasn't yelling and screaming from the pain, I'm too tough for that, its just the other stuff.

So the doctor comes in trying to trick me and starts asking me a lot of questions while another tech comes in acting like she is just "looking".  She gets the IV drawn and I glance at the IV and then the room started to close in.  I was lying down and was about to faint.  They laid me back with my feet elevated and the doctor is fanning me.  Yes, it was even funnier in person.  I was embarrassed.  I didn't completely pass out, but came close. I kept apologizing for my craziness.  I kept saying, I'm usually not like this.  I am sure that they have heard it all.  After that I got some pain medicine and was a happy camper or a drowsy camper.  They didn't have much trouble with me after that, except for the numerous questions that I kept asking.

Come to find out I was dehydrated and some other minor things that you really don't want to know.  She said that it also looked like I had some kind of virus that could have been what was causing my pain.

So an eventful morning of my craziness and soon I will get a wonderful doctor bill.  Go me!!!

At least it was nothing serious.  I am such a drama queen!!! I could take the pain but not the needles. Hopefully I made the staff at the hospital have a more eventful morning, it was really quiet before I got there ;)
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad it was nothing serious and I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I just wish I hadn't been so dramatic ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails