This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Thursday, July 18, 2013

Not Quite the Hugger

My now 10 year old is really not the hugging type.  He used to be,  I used to get hugs, kisses and rub noses from him all of the time.  Then one day out of the blue he stopped.  These days he is more like a leaner.  If you ask him for a hug he will back up to you or just kind of lean in, no arms involved.  It is quite funny to watch.  He even does this with his grandparents.  If he doesn't know you well you can forget getting any kind of hug at all.

Sometimes to be mean, as a punishment I will make him hug his little sister when he is picking on her.  It is the funniest thing to watch, especially because she loves to hug and he hates to be punished so he gives in.

I am not really sure what got him like this.  In fact I rarely get hugs from him.  I will usually hold him down and hug and kiss him up.  I love to see the smile on his face that he tries so hard to hide. It reminds me that he needs the attention and the affection.

Maybe he will grow out of it, I sure hope so.  But no matter what, he is my baby and he always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails