This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Monday, October 4, 2010

I Can't Win


Well I have been on a little quest to become more "girlie".  No particular reason, just trying to fell better about myself.  So today, here goes.

Today wasn't off to too bad of a start.  I didn't have a good hair day, but that is typical.  I wore my heels, not the wedges like I usually wear, I am getting brave. I can't really walk in high heels, but I try, it sounds like a horse is coming because I am so spastic and uncoordinated, go me!! 

Well I was off to a pretty good start.  Work went by ok, which typically means  that I got through it.  So on my way home I realize that I have to stop at the grocery store.  I always have to stop the  grocery store, I should buy stock.  Well my shoes aren't the easiest to walk in.  So why wear them you ask?  I like to feel tall, I'm about 5'7 1/2"  so with my heels Iam a good 5'10", it gives the illusion that I am thinner and plus it makes me stand up straighter and it makes me feel more "girlie". 

So as I am walking through the store I am literally praying that God does not  let me fall and embarrass myself in front of all of these people.  By this time my feet are killing me.  But beauty feels no pain, right?? Whatever, anyway I was walking though the store and find a tear in my new purse.  It wasn't like that when I bought it,  I must have snagged it on something, of course.  And my favorite sunglasses broke,  I can still wear them but they have an obvious crack around the lenses, actually a split.  I only paid like 3 bucks for them, but they are really cute. Not anymore.  Finally I am finished at the grocery store. 

So after all of this I decided to treat myself to Starbucks.  I was really careful, afraid that I might spill it on me with afternoon that I was having.  I didn't spill it , but I burnt my tongue drinking it, yeah, go me!!

Oh, you want to hear something really girlie.  A weeks ago when I was getting ready for church I nicked my leg shaving and all I had were Scooby Doo band aids.  It looked really nice with my dressy dress and dressy black wedge shoes ;)

I can't win!! Well, all I can do is look back at everything and laugh!! I enjoy all the little things that go wrong, it makes me really appreciate when things go right.  It could be worse.  But if everything went perfect then I wouldn't be me ;)  And I wouldn't have anything to write about ;)  Sorry for being all over the place this evening, just the perfect ending to another imperfect day!!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Good to know.. :)
    You know something, my feet get blisters easily when wearing heels.. Dont know why but it just happened.. And the cut will go so deep until it bleed..
    I still love heels though, the sound made when you walk in them.. and I agreed about how the height you gave and not to mention the extra unseen confidence it seemed to add on to one's.. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails