This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Laundry

My oldest is 10 now.  Wow, do I feel old.  Here lately I have been teaching him how to wash his own clothes.  In fact he complained all week that he had no clean clothes.  Since he is out of school I told him that if he needed clean clothes he knew how to wash and dry them himself.  So Friday I had to remind him if he wanted clean clothes for the weekend, he needed to wash them.  So Friday morning he started sorting after me reminding him, then I walked him through once again the stages of washing clothes.  He actually does a good job and asks questions.

The little one will actually ask if she can sort and wash her clothes too.  She also puts away her clothes without me even asking.  I think that is just a girl thing, assessing a situation and seeing what needs to be done.  (Of course, cleaning her room is another story.)  I have to remind my son a dozen times before he actually puts his clothes away.

I am really determined to get him doing especially this task independently.  My reason,  well when my husband and I were dating he was 21 years old and once a week he would bring his clothes to his moms.   She would then wash, dry and fold his clothes and have them ready for him to pick up the next day.  Needless to say I had to teach him how to wash his own clothes too.  I figure I would teach my son young and save his future wife the trouble.

Next task would be to sit him down and show him how to fold properly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails