This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Monday, August 30, 2010

The Tuba??


Once again, my 7 year old never ceases to amaze me.  On our way to school this morning he blurted out to me, "mom, I don't want to take karate lessons."  I'm told him ok.  We had never really set up karate lessons because he has already informed me that if he couldn't fight like a ninja then it was pointless.  But for a moment he was considering lessons.

So I explained to him that I would like him to take some kind of lessons outside of school. Something like karate, music lessons, something of that sort.  He is in a small private school so he doesn't get the opportunity for band or sports right now.

So he tells me that he is interested in taking music lessons.  I was excited.  I asked "You want to take guitar lessons?"  "No" he said, "I want to play the tuba."  The tuba??? Of all the instruments that he could think of he thought of the tuba.  Not the guitar (which is my choice), not the drums, not the violin, the saxophone or even the banjo .  The tuba.  I didn't even now he knew what a tuba was.  I have nothing against the tuba, but seriously there are no famous tuba players.  It's not like he can play it by itself.  What would he do with a tuba?  Could I even find a tuba for his size?  Better yet, would he even be able to blow into a tuba and make any noise?

This child, sometimes he leaves me speechless.  I have to say he started out my day with a good laugh. I love that child.  My son the tuba player ;)

P.S.- The tuba is a wonderful instrument, I hope that I didn't offend any tuba players in any way.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Lol, wow, guessed tuba connected to him in some ways, more than it was known.. :) ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails