This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Friday, August 27, 2010

Chopsticks

For lunch today, we had Thai.   I love Thai food, it is one of my favorites.  So we are at the Thai restaurant and my 7 year old decides that he is going to eat with chopsticks.  He has no idea how to eat with chopsticks (which he used to call "Chinese sticks" loudly in the Thai restaurant), but anyway he was determined to eat with them. 

Now my 2 year old sees what the 7 year old is doing and now she wants to eat with chopsticks too.  We had a wonderful waitress who somehow tied the chopsticks together which made them really easy to eat with.  My 2 year old , however still wasn't quite coordinated enough to eat with them, even like that.  That didn't stop her.  She refused to eat with her fork now.  She screamed and hollered every time she dropped food from the chopsticks.  She was determined, more determined than the 7 year old.  She was going to eat all of her food with her chopsticks.  The fork was not an option.  She did allow us to help her as long as we didn't use the fork.  It was very entertaining to watch.  The satisfaction on her face when she got a decent amount of food in her mouth was priceless.   Like she had mastered the art.  She didn't care who was looking or what people thought, she just did it and in the end she succeeded.

I envy her determination.  I would have given up way before then.  I didn't even attempt to eat with chopsticks because it took to much effort and would take to long.  Plus, I didn't want to embarrass myself. That is how we get when we grow up.  We lose interest in learning something new.  We don't want to put any effort into anything. We get stuck in what is easy and we figure what is the point.  Next time , I will try something new and I won't give up until I succeed, thanks to the lesson I learned from my little baby.

1 comment:

  1. great pic... n a great lesson... a great mom... so its not surprise u r good at writing too... Nd i liked ya conclusion... keep it up.. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails