This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's That Time Again!!!!


The other evening my 7 year old ran into my room while I on the computer in a complete uproar.  I could barely understand him and then he finally began to speak clearly.  I was relieved to find out that his dramatic entrance was only caused because he didn't want to go to school.  We had gone earlier that day to purchase his uniforms so I am assuming that it started to sink in that school would soon be starting. 

I have been talking to him for weeks preparing him for school.  He will be in the second grade and has so far made straight A's.  So what is his problem??  Your guess is a good as mine. 

Actually he is extremely shy, he gets that from his dad, because I know he doesn't get that from me.  We put him in a small private school so that he can get the attention he needs and is not overwhelmed.  We figured that it was the best for his extremely shy personality.  But even with all of that, he still freaks out on the first day of school. (He has been going to this school since he was 4 and knows everybody.)
Well today was his first day and he did ok.  He only had a little cry as his daddy left.  Asked if he could call, made sure his teacher had his daddy's phone number.  But this year, he didn't call (he called last year).  Progress!!!! We will see what happens tomorrow.
Maybe I need to make his summers more boring so that he can't wait for school to start.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails