This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Friday, August 6, 2010

The Moon


On our fifteen minute car ride home this evening, I must have heard , "Mommy, where de moon doe?" about 20 times.  That was from my two year old, who has a recent fascination with the moon.  Sometimes during the day she will look up at the sky and ask me and every night you can bet she will ask about 20 times, especially if we are in the car. As if the moon were playing hide and seek with her.  When she sees it again she will say, "Mommy, dare da moon." So now there is my amazement with her milestone of putting sentences together and her amazement with the world around her. 

It's funny how something like the moon can be extraordinary with her.  And when the moon become so ordinary with me? What happens to our fascination with things as we become older?  I watch both my children who view the world with such amazement and fearlessness.  Whether it is observing some mysterious bug or just having fun playing in the dirt.  Everything is wonderful to them.  When did things stop being wonderful with me?  I think as be become older we lose our facination with things and become bored with them, we become bored with ourselves.  If only we could see the world again through their eyes.

There are maybe two things that still amaze me, besides my kids.  Those are sunsets and clear nights when all the stars are out. Both are so beautiful that I just stop and stare. And for just a moment, that moment, things are peaceful and calm.  If only I could view everything with such amazement, maybe I would be more concerned when the moon went missing too.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails