This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Momma Warned Me

One thing about my mom is that she doesn't sugar coat anything.  When I first talked to her about having children, she bluntly told me "Life as you know it is over."  I kind of laughed it off thinking that I already knew that.  But she was right.

I often hear women talk about how after they had kids that they didn't realize how different it would be.  They complained about how they could no longer do this and do that.  That their kids held them back, they could no longer have fun.  I am looking at them thinking apparently they didn't have a momma like mine.  To me I thought what did you think it was going to be like?

Something else that my momma told me about having kids is the love that you have for them.  Now that was the biggest surprise to me, even though I was warned.  I never realized how much I could love someone I just met.  I never thought that I could love two people exactly the same amount but differently.  I can't remember how my life was before them.  It seems as though they have always been here.

Yes, they are a handful.  Yes, life is completely different once they arrive.  Yes, you may not be able to party with your friends anymore (at least when they are little).  But what you get in return is beyond measure and makes your old life seem, well obsolete.  I'm glad my momma warned me about having kids.  I went into it with my eyes wide open.  I knew what I was giving up, I just had no idea what I was getting in return.  Thanks Mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails