This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Friday, August 13, 2010

Beauty Feels No Pain??

Tell that to my face!!!  Whoever made up that expression must have been crazy.

I have always had the unfortunate problem of acne.  For as long as I can remember I have had acne.  I have tried every remedy, every medication known to man.  I have gone on Accutane twice and still have acne.

Well today I had a PDT (photo dynamic therapy) treatment done to my face.  It is supposed to help clear up existing acne, reduce pore size, reduce oil production along with improving the appearance of the skin. (everything Accutane is supposed to do without destroying your insides)

I am not vain by any means, I just am sick of being 33 years old and still having acne. I mean something has got to give right???  It's painful, annoying as well as embarrassing.  So today I had the treatment done.  I look like I feel asleep outside in the sun and now have a massive sunburn on my face.  It hurts, it feels just like a bad sunburn.  I just keep telling myself that it is the end result that matters.  Hoping that this is all worth it.



So as I am sitting here with an ice pack on my face because it hurts,  I ponder the expression "Beauty feels no pain."  I wonder who in the world came up with the expression.  And who made up the criteria for beauty anyway?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails