This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Today Is A Gift


Once again I find myself watching a silly movie with my 2 year old.  Tonight it was Kung Fu Panda.  Great selection right?  The funniest part is that I  actually learn lessons from these silly movies.  Sometimes they even make me cry, if you share that with anybody I will totally deny it.

Well tonight while watching Kung Fu Panda, I caught the part where the wise tortoise tells the bumbling panda that "Today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."  It kind of stopped for a minute from what I was doing, and it got me to thinking wow, why do I keep forgetting that?  Not only that but it stuck with me for the rest of the evening.

Sometimes we get so caught up in everyday life that we forgot.  I do.  I have two wonderful gifts that I take for granted daily.  I get so wrapped up in everything else, working,  cooking, cleaning, washing, that some days they get overlooked and neglected.  No matter how hard I try I feel that I fall so short at being a good mommy.  Everything that I do is for them, but sometimes in doing everthing for them I don't get to spend that quality time with them. That important one on one time, bonding time. That makes everything that I do for them in vain. 

So I will remember daily that today is a gift and that is why it is called the present and I have two of them.  Thank you silly movie for reminding me about what really matters!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails