This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Monday, July 26, 2010

These Small Hours

I love that song by Rob Thomas.  It is in one of my daughters favorite movies "Meet the Robinson's".  She has watched that movie about a dozen times in the past week. 

The song reminds me of when my kids were born.  I wasn't in labor for very long with either of them, but their arrival seemed to take forever.  No, I am not superwomen, God knows me well enough to know that I cannot tolerate pain so he blessed me with fast labors.  It was either that or I would pass out from the pain and miss the whole thing.  I have fainted over a broken toe,  I fainted once when I had blood work done.  I have a very low threshold for pain. But anyway, back to the point of this post.

Its the little moments that take our breath away.  The moment that they come into this world. The moment when we realize that our kids are turning into these little people.  When my two year old picks up the other phone when I am talking to someone and starts talking.  When my 7 year old won't stop talking, and I tell him to "shut up" because it is getting on my nerves. Then I fell horrible because I realize that I hurt his feelings.  Our lives are composed of these small moments, that moments that matter the most.  The moments that shape their character and ours. 

"our lives are made
in these small hours
these little wonders,
these twists & turns of fate
time falls away,
but these small hours,
these small hours still remain"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails