This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Thursday, July 22, 2010

Just Like Riding a Bike

I went roller skating tonight for the first time in probably 20 years.  (Yeah, I'm getting old)  I was a bit nervous at first (ok, a lot nervous). I was afraid that I would fall and break something, I'm not as young as I used to be. I put on my skates, the wheels made me nervous, the people made me nervous.  I looked around thinking, "I can't do this."  Then I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and told myself "get your butt out there, stop being afraid of everything."  So I did and it was really just like riding a bike.  I didn't fall once, go me!!!  

Skating around in a circle, it was like being time warped back to the 80's,  the skating rink must have the largest selection of 80's music in existence.  I could fell the 80's nostalgia, from the Bee Gee's to Prince to Stevie B.  If its 80's music you can hear it there. It was like I was 10 again.

I used to be really good at roller skating.  I taught myself how to roller skate, actually I taught myself how to do a lot things.  I got to be a real pro, I could spin in circles, skate backwards, on one foot and do a few little tricks.  As I got older it became not so cool, so like a lot of other things, I just stopped doing it.

But tonight, I just had so much fun being a kid again. I will probably be sore in the morning, using muscles that I haven't used in years, but its all worth it. When we become adults we forgot about all the fun things that we did when we were little. We get to serious and become sticks in the mud (well that is what happened to me.) It's good to remember. Even better to keep having fun.  If you fall, you just get back up.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails