This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Friday, July 9, 2010

A Hop, Skip and a Jump

I love the fact that my mom is from this little island off the coast of Honduras, named Guanaja.  I fantasized about this place when I was little.  I was seven months old the first time that I went, but it wasn't till I was 9 years old that I went again to spend the summer with my Gram. 

I remember being told that its a hop, skip and a jump away from the water,  I used to imagine in my head what it would be like.  When I got there it literally was a hop, skip and a jump away.  My grandmothers house was on one of the cays and her home was against the water, you look out the window and there is was.  The island has 4 waterfalls and multiple beaches.  It is the most beautiful place that I have ever seen.   My mom moved to the states after she married my dad.

My grandmother (dad's mom) literally thought that she swung from trees and wore a grass skirt. Which is really funny since my dad is half Honduran himself (his dad's side).  It is a culture that I am most proud of, and I hope one day my kids will understand the importance of knowing who they are and where they come from and be proud of it also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails