This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Friday, July 16, 2010

Anything But Ordinary

I would describe myself a bit like Sandra Bullock's character in Miss Congeniality, mostly before the transformation.  You know the part where she is walking out after her makeover and trips in her high heel shoes, that's me. 

Once when I was in college I totally missed about three steps while going down the stairs.  I landed on my knees. (big bruise) It was in between classes so the hallways were full. I remember hearing a guy behind me saying "Oh no she didn't"  as I fell, in what felt like slow motion, to my knees.  I jumped up and ran to the restroom, I was laughing so hard I was crying.  Yeah, it hurt, but even more it was really funny. I've had dozens of trips and falls throughout my life.  In fact sometimes I will find a bruise on my leg and completely forget how it got there.

I am clumsy by design. I am not dainty or elegant.  I am not graceful or beautiful.  I don't wear high heels and I rarely dress to impress.  I dance to the beat of my own drum. I am ordinary, actually I am anything but ordinary.  I'm extraordinary, and I will take my tennis shoes over high heels any day.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails