This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Monday, September 13, 2010

Running with Scissors

This afternoon, my seven year old zooms out of his room excited carrying a pair of his scissors.  Now this child can only come up with stuff, so I could only imagine what was about to come out of his mouth.  "Mom, can I go outside to cut the grass around the swing set,  with my scissors," that is what he said to me. 

Trying not to laugh I told him that it was not a good idea.  I didn't want him to cut his hand or hurt himself trying to cut the grass with his scissors.  Well apparently, now I am a mean mom because he has a very dramatic exit to the tune of "you never let me do anything, I'm bored."  He is in tears and his face is red, I guess I smashed his dreams.

Trying to explain to him my decision was not taken very well.  He thinks that he is supposed to be able to do whatever his little heart desires. I am just holding him back. 

Now, I am trying to get inside his little head.  Was he really that bored as to pick up a pair of scissors and say I think I will cut the grass?  Now these are kids scissors, with rounded tips, so I don't even know if they would even cut the grass if he tried.  Apparently he was determined to find out.

So I guess I am the meanest mom in the world for not letting my 7 year old cut the grass with scissors.  I am not allowing him to express himself and explore his surroundings.  Go me!!

Oh, 10 minutes later he was fine and forgot about the whole thing. So I guess I didn't traumatize him too much ;) You gotta love these kids!!

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. LOL, I love the part when you said, you are trying not to laugh.. Yeah, I can totally imagine that.. It happens to me many times in my classes when kids give me the weirdest reason or answers but of all, the cutest.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, by the way, just saw my blog listed on the site of your blog.. For a minute, I was went 'huh? what is this? Isn't that my cat? Who exactly has the same cat as I do then upon a closer look, I realised it was my blog on your list.. Thank you so much dear.. Think I should start linking your blog on my list too.. that would be just soooooo cool.. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails