This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Monday, September 27, 2010

I Got Served

I took my usual power walk this evening.  It is the one thing that I have managed to keep up with among other things.  Faithfully 5-7 times a week I walk about 2-3 miles.  Sometimes I even run a little, I can probably only run about 1/8 to 1/4 of a mile at a time, stopping a little to catch my breath.  Any more than that and I may just pass out.

I live on a dead end road and its about a half a mile long so, I walk back and forth till I have made my 2-3 miles. You get the picture.

Usually I am the only one walking, sometimes my neighbor will come with me.  Other then her, there really isn't anybody else. Well, this evening while I am feeling good keeping my stride, along comes this 13 year old.  I am assuming that she was about 13 (she could have been younger).  Anyway she is running, she passes me and runs the whole way, the whole 1/2 a mile.  Not only that, she is wearing a knee brace.  So now I'm walking with my head held low because I just got served by a 13 year old.  What a difference 20 years can make.

If I were to run 1/2 a mile, I probably would have dropped to the ground halfway there.  My body would have given out on me, besides me not being able to breathe.  The best part, upon returning back she walked about 1/8 of a mile to catch her breath and started running again.  I couldn't bear to look, I was so ashamed ;)

Getting old stinks.  Your body refuses to cooperate, fat just attaches itself to random parts of your body and just refuses to leave.  You run out of breath just thinking about exercising.  I am out of breath after changing my 2 year old's diaper. Go me!!

Yeah!! I got served!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails