This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Monday, September 20, 2010

Oh No, I Sound Like My ....

I hate those moments when I say something and then realize that I sound just like my mother.  It seems to happen a lot more since I had kids, well actually since I became an adult.

Its funny when you are a kid and you think you know everything and you parents tell you, one day you will understand.  My parents always liked to say one day when you have kids.  Of course being the know it all that I was when I was a teenager, I figured that they just didn't know what they were talking about.

The other day when I was talking to my seven year old I had to look around because I could have swore that my mom said something, but my mom wasn't there.  It was me.  I hate when that happens.  I stop in mid-sentence realizing what I am about to say and I just laugh.  When  I am hard on my son about his grades in school or fussing at the baby for who knows what.  I sound just like my parents.

The most embarrassing part is admitting it to my parents.  Its really bad when it happens in front of my parents.  My dad thinks it is the funniest thing in the world.  He even does a little silly dance, the I told you so  dance.  Like he couldn't wait till the day that I realized he was right.  He waited 30 years to do this dance and he got the last laugh.

Well one thing is for certain.  One day I will get to do the silly I told you so dance.  One day I will be right too. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails