This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Thursday, September 9, 2010

No Pain, No Gain


Tomorrow I get my second PDT (photo dynamic therapy) treatment for my acne.  I am not looking forward to the next few days. It's exhausting, uncomfortable and well I look, for lack of a better word, gross for a couple of days.  But is like the saying "No Pain, No Gain."  It seems like I have to tell myself that for everything. It stinks,  why can't we all be born perfect?

Sometimes I wonder why I do this to myself.  I guess it is worth it, I can already see improvement in my skin after one treatment.  It doesn't make me look forward to the procedure any more.  But it has to be done.  I have to put my face in the light (literally), and get burned.

The funny part is my son is absolutely bewildered by the idea of why I am doing this.  He cannot understand why I would do this to myself.  He makes a face and says "Why?"  I'm actually glad that he doesn't understand it.  It keeps him innocent and untouched by the stigma of beauty.  To see things through the eyes of a child, I wish.  They see true beauty, inside as well as out. Not me though, no I have been tainted, I've bought into it, I drank the kool-aid.  I just have to make sure that they don't become like me.

Oh, tomorrow.  NO PAIN, NO GAIN!!! (I have to keep saying it ;)
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I admired your courage and the effort you made to make yourself better.. I meant your face.. I can't take away the pain but I am certain there is more gain that just the better look.. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails