This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Sunday, January 30, 2011

Croutons


I learned to enjoy my salads without croutons these days.  Its not that they don't come with any, they actually come with plenty.  What happens is this little hand on the side of me reaching over and taking all of them out of my salad.  I could be stingy and selfish, but being a mom, I push to them side for her to get.

Last night we went out to dinner, my eight year old wanted to stay at his Grammy's so it was just me, my husband and the little one.  There was bread on the table that she was eating, that is until my salad came and she threw the bread down as if the salad was for her.  Then she started taking out the croutons, one by one till they all were gone.  I just laughed  and pushed the ones to the side that I found hiding.  Since apparently the lettuce is for me and the croutons are for her.

The little things.  Being a parent you give up so much, but it is so worth it.  Whether is it that last piece of cake, or not getting something you really wanted just so you can  get them that video game that they have been wanting.  You would starve just to make sure that they have enough.  You go without to make sure they don't. Their wants become so much more important then your needs. 

What I wouldn't do for them, even if it means eating my salad without croutons ;)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails