This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Natural White Highlights


The first time I saw them I had to gasp for air.  The shock of seeing them in the mirror threw me back.  I am not old enough to have these.  What is this?  What is going on?  But there they were staring back at me, strand by strand, these natural white highlights were getting more and more abundant.

If you know me, or if you have been reading this blog,  then you know that I am not a girlie girl.  I am not one of those that spends hours primping to go out.  On occasion I can take an hour and a half to get ready.  Usually not that long, unless I get side tracked.  So, I guess you can guess that I am not one to spend much time on my hair either.  I have colored (dyed) my hair only a handful of times.  Unless you count high school where it was either black or purple (I went through a faze). 

So when I first discovered these intruders I panicked a little.  I even found one in my eyebrow, that one had to go. I started cutting them short.  Yeah, it looks real cute when they start to grow out.   Now there are too many to cut short and with my hair not as thick as it used to be, I need all the help I can get, no matter what color they are. 

My old hairdresser used to try to talk me  into coloring my hair, but I just didn't want to start doing that knowing that I wouldn't be able to keep up with it.  So, here lately they don't seem to be too bad or maybe I'm just really getting used to them.

Unless I turn completely salt and pepper, I won't be coloring them anytime soon.  My natural white highlights, they give me character ;)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails