This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Big 8

Wednesday was my baby's eighth birthday (tear), today was his party.  The words just don't want to come out. He is getting so big.  I want him to stay small just a while longer.  It is really hard to accept the fact that my baby is growing up.  Well this whole weekend was just for him.

Friday he wanted a friend from school to come over.  Ok, that's fine, they played all day and his friend spent the night.  Saturday, he wanted two friend to spend the night.  When did he make the rules anyway, what did he think it was his birthday?  Ok, he had two friends over.  Both nights he went to bed late and got up early.  So today at his party he was very quite and very reserved.   He was very tired.   His party was at the skating rink, and it was crowded and hectic.  He didn't eat anything but cake.  After a few hours was ready to go after a little cry when someone ran into him and hurt his leg.  He was done.  His party was at 1 o'clock but we didn't leave till after 4 o'clock. 

We decided to have an early dinner at a restaurant in town, after he ate a little bit of bread and some salad, before his entree comes out, he tells me,  "Mom, I feel a lot better." Well I guess, he was probably starving, he is really shy and I am assuming that he may have been a little overwhelmed at his party besides the fact that he couldn't wait to skate.  After his dinner he was a lot better.  He actually went home, did his homework, took a bath and went to bed without a fuss or fight.  I guess he learned that mommy does know best.  Maybe next time he will take it easy. But like most kids, they always have to find out the hard way.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BABY!!! HOPE IT WAS A GOOD ONE ;)

Oh, and yes that is a picture of his birthday cake and it did taste as good as it looks thanks to my wonderful  and talented sister-in-law!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails