This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Patches



My son is really hard on his clothes.  Just about every pair of his jeans has a hole in the knee including his school uniform pants. 

A few weeks ago one of his friends came over after school and I noticed that his pants looked good as new.  When I asked he said that he didn't slide on the ground like the my child and some of the other kids.

I gave my son the lecture about taking care of his clothes. So I decided to patch his uniform pants.  It seemed like an easier and inexpensive solution. I told my son and he didn't seem to mind.

On the way to school the other morning he noticed the patch,  I hear "Mom, I thought you were going to put them on the inside of my pants."  He was a little upset.  So, I explained how they go on.

When we get to school, he refused to get out of the car.  He literally sat in there for about five minutes  until I had to fuss at him to get out or I would be late for work. 

My husband told me that the week before he didn't want to get out of the car because of his new haircut.

Do they have to be so difficult?  The only kids that teased him were his two friends who he had to show his pants to, so if you ask me, he asked for it.

Yes, I am a mean mom.  I like to embarrass my children and teach them lessons.

He has since stopped sliding on his knees.  Mission accomplished ;)
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. An adorable post; thanks for the smile for the day. I raised three boys and three girls and I remember day like this. In fact, I think I will post a really funny story about my son and his shoes.
    Have a great day and blessings to you! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails