This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Sunday, March 27, 2011

Oh, What A Night ;)

Last night, well lets just say will be a night to remember.  I had my monthly dinner club meeting.  It is the highlight of my month.  Me time with my girls, we have dinner we joke and talk and play games.  Its a blast and a needed break from the craziness of work, hubby and kids.

So the night started as any other, our meeting was at one of the girls houses that was a in the next town about a 30 minute drive from my house.  The evening went too fast and it was time to leave.  Well that is where the fun begins.

About 10 minutes out my car started to give me trouble.  I noticed the lights dimming a little and then my abs and airbag light came on and I felt a little jerk.  Trying not to panic I took the very next exit ramp off of the interstate.  Good thing I did, as I got to the traffic light at the bottom of the exit ramp my car shut off completely.  I coasted off to the side off the road.  It was dark and there was not much around.  Good thing I wasn't alone, my sister and some other friends were with me.  If it wasn't for them I might have just lost my mind. 

Of course, I didn't have any jumper cables but one of the girls called her fiance who was pretty close by.  He was closer then my husband who was across town.  After a little while we were joined by some more of my dinner clubs girls, they didn't have any jumper cables either but I sure enjoyed the company.  We had our own little party on the exit ramp.

My friends fiance showed up with jumper cables but that didn't work because it was the alternator not the battery that went out.  Go me!!!  So my husband is on his way, and we are hanging around waiting.  I called for a tow, what other choice did I have.

While we are waiting over a dozen cars pass by, no  one stops.  Finally a police officer stops to "help".  Of all the police officers around  the one that stops is one of my old friends ex-boyfriends (they ended on bad terms).  Hoping he didn't recognize me, he did, I was trying to hide. I think he was as uncomfortable at me, he made sure we had it under control and quickly left in under 60 seconds.

My husband finally showed with my poor baby sleeping in the back, shes a trooper.   We see the tow truck and  he zooms right by us, he goes to another car that is broken down.  Mind you I am on the phone with him trying to wave him down.  When  my car broke down there were no other cars around, when the tow truck came there were two other cars right around the area with their hazard lights on.  The tow truck went to the other two cars before he finally discovered mind (Yes, I was still on the phone with him waving him down.)

So he is towing my truck to the dealership and then we realize that the dealership moved, as we were about to pull into the place that used to be the dealership.  Good thing my sister didn't live far.  We had the tow truck bring my car to her house.

It was after one o'clock before I got home.  It was one of those you either laugh or cry moments.  I laughed and I laughed.  What else are you supposed to do when everything goes wrong.

So now I am stuck on foot, until my car can get fixed.  But I do have some pictures to remember my evening.  Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my.. that was just so hay-wired.. But I am glad you laughed.. LOL.. :)

    Oh yes, TT is up for this week so hope to see you.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate days like that. However, I am sure all the fun at the beginning of the evening; made the end easier.
    It was a good story!
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails