This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I Didn't Even Get to Say Goodbye



My oldest cleaned out his room the other day.  He put all of his little toys in a bag. He kept telling me that I needed to go through the bags.  Of course I kept putting it off.  So my hubby stepped in and went through them.  He threw away the broken ones and then got rid of the rest.

A few days later I went in my sons room to finally go through the bags.  I didn't even know that my husband had already beat me to it.  I guess I was just a little heart broken.  He got rid of almost all of his action figures, all of his "little kid" toys.  Sure a lot of them were broken but I didn't even get to say goodbye.  His transformers gone,  his power rangers gone, they were all gone.  Just a few remained.

This past weekend I finished helping him clean up.  We actually we are still not done, we will finish up this weekend.  I did manage to save some of my favorite toys, it took a little convincing.

Now video games and his imagination station have taken over (he likes to invent things).  I do have to admit that his room is a lot cleaner but still.  I thought getting rid of the baby toys was hard.  This is even harder because now he is turning into a little man.  No baby no more, not even a trace.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post. I know how you feel. They grow up way to fast. I actually wish that I had kept some of the toys since now I have 30 grandchildren and I have had to buy new ones. Of course, in today's era; they would probably not want to play with them anyway. It's Wii time!
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails