This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org . Thanks for reading!!!
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Parenthood- List Part 1
1. Most of the time, I have no idea what I am doing
2. Sometimes you have to choose your battles
3. Structure and Rules without Love is worthless
4. I'm not lazy, I am just exhausted
5. Whats the point if you can't spoil them at a least a little??
6. Bribery is almost always necessary ;)
7. I rocked both of my kids to sleep, it didn't spoil them (maybe temporarily), but once they are big, you can't do it anymore
8. They are only little once (so hold them, rock them, kiss them, love them as much as possible before they are too big, because by then you are lucky is they acknowledge you)
9. You can't get back missed moments (so always cherish them)
10. Every child is different, what works with one doesn't always work with the other
11. Learn their currency, it always helps
12. Sometimes it takes all I have to keep a straight face when disciplining my kids
13. Apologize for your mistakes, it shows imperfectness and humility
14. I am your parent, not your friend, I will be your friend when you are older
15. I don't think any parent has it all together, its impossible, some are just better at making it look like they do, so don't feel inferior as a parent if you don't, believe me you are not alone
16. Sometimes I want them to stay little, other times I wish they would hurry up and grow up
17. Don't always focus on the negative, if they feel like they can never do anything right, then they will never try to
18. Always acknowledge their accomplishments no matter how small, it builds their self esteem and shows that you are paying attention
19. No one told me that I would love them so much
God must really love me because He gave two amazing kids that I know I don't deserve.
(I made this a part 1 of a list because I am sure that as I learn my list will get longer and longer)