This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree!!!

When I was little I sang my own version of that song.  I would circle around the Christmas tree and sing.  My kids, they don't sing, they fight and scream while trying to decorate the tree.  And me, I am fussing back at them.  There is no background music, just chaos and too many little hands. It is eventful to say the least.

The other evening I conquered the task of putting up and decorating the Christmas tree.  I really didn't have a choice.  It was supposed to happen the day before but we just didn't seem to have enough time.  My seven year old was sooooo dramatic when we told him he would have to wait another day to put up the tree.  I am not sure what the problem is.  I didn't wrap any presents yet, so I had nothing to put under the tree, yet.  It is not like Christmas would come any faster or any slower but putting it off one more day.

For me putting up the tree is exhausting.  We have a fake tree because I am to lazy to have a real one.  Actually I would probably forget to water it.  Plus I hate stringing lights and my fake one is a pre-lit.  So I have the task of taking it out of the box and making it look like a real tree.  After that I take out the unbreakable ornaments and let the kids decorate. I have a system and my kids well, they ignore me and do what they want to do, fighting the whole time.  The breakable ornaments go on last, that is my job.  My seven year old does help, he actually drives me nuts trying to help.

Well, mission accomplished with the tree, it is up and looks pretty good.  My two year old decided she was going to test me by messing with the ornaments.  I told her to leave them alone because some could break.  She looks at me and bats one, like the way a cat bats a toy. She bats the ornament, which wasn't breakable, but the one next to it was and it fell and broke.  She got in trouble, of course.  The next day she told the babysitter not to touch the tree or "momma spank your butt."  She knows too much.

I know, I am going to miss the craziness when they are older.

So that task is done, now if only I could finish my Christmas shopping, I'd be good.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails