This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Friday, December 3, 2010

Finally Momma's Boy

When my son was really small he was my baby, but once he turned 18 months that was it.  I guess that is the age where they realize that they are a boy like daddy.  Mine became a real daddy's boy.  He thought his daddy hung the moon.  Even when he got hurt, he went running to his daddy.  It hurt my feelings because I always thought that boys were supposed to be momma's boys. Not mine. He even went so far at to tell me that I was the only one that would be able to hold the baby when I was pregnant with my second child.  His daddy was off limits.  Yeah, he is funny and the things that come out of his mouth even funnier.

But here lately, I think he is finally becoming a momma's boy.  He always wants to go run errands with me.  He will sit by me to watch movies, especially when he is scared.  He always includes me in everything, playing video games, watching movies.  He likes to talk to me about things, we get into deep discussions.

But the best part is when we are out running errands, he holds my hand.  At first I though it was because he didn't want to get lost.  But he is old enough to understand, plus he never used to hold my hand.  It is really sweet.  I will admit it was a little odd at first, he is not the most affectionate child.  Now, I look forward to it.  I try to make sure we have our time.  We go on dates sometimes just me and him, out to eat or to the movies.  The last movie I saw at the theatre was "Legend of the Guardians." It was my pick.  Sometimes I wish they would stay small forever.  I know I am going to miss this when he is older.

But for now he is finally momma's boy!!!  I have been waiting for sooooo long ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails