This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Shopping Buddy


My daughter loves to shop.  Yes, she is only 2 almost 3, but she loves to shop.  She is a good shopper too.  I usually let her walk around.  She sticks close by, sometimes hiding in the clothes but she never strays away from me.  She loves to look at clothes, shoes, you name it she loves it.  I love bring her shopping with me, she is so much fun.  That is until Friday.

I brought her shopping with me Friday.  I had to pick up a few more Christmas gifts (no I am not done yet).  Well we are in one of the department stores, when she grabs my hand and starts dragging me across the store.  I have no idea where she is going until she gets to the escalator, point and says "I want to go on that."  She discovered the escalator, the department store ride that all children are just mesmerized by, so adults too. So I tell her to wait a minute let me finish what I was doing and we would go.  After a lot of hesitation she finally gave in and decided to let me finish.  (Who is the boss here right?)  So I kept my promise we went on the escalator, she was happy and we continued shopping in the rest of the mall.

On the way back, we had to pass back in front of the escalators again.  I am assuming she figured that because we were done shopping that we could spend the rest of the evening riding the escalator.  I brought her twice this time thinking that I would get it out of her system.  As I am trying to walk out of the store, she puts on the breaks and refuses to move.  My one had is full of bags and the other is trying to steer her towards the exit.  I now was unwilling to give in.  I picked her up and proceeded to walk out the door.  She proceeded to throw a fit, screaming and hollering to the top of her lungs.

By the time I reached the car I was in a sweat.  She refused to get in her car seat, still screaming and hollering like I had beat her.  It was really embarrassing.  I finally get her in her car seat.  She is still screaming, halfway home decides she wanted to buckle her car seat herself.  So at a stop light I have to unbuckle her car seat for her to buckle it back.  After that she was fine.  Oh, what a day!!!!

Not so sure I will be bringing my shopping buddy out with me anytime soon.  I am still sore and recuperating from the last outing ;)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails