This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm Not Your Momma

(Disclaimer:  To all my male readers, you may not appreciate what I am going to say in this post.  Proceed with extreme caution.)

Ok, so I was talking to this man that I know, earlier today.  He was telling me over the weekend about how he and his wife were cleaning house and he did the things that she told him to do and when he was done, he went to install some programs on the computer.  So the rest of the day she was being really rude to him and brief.  When he finally asked her what was wrong, she explained to him that she was cleaning the whole house and he wasn't helping, in fact he was playing on the computer.

I was laughing.  I myself have come across this problem quite frequently with my own husband.  I just thought for awhile that it was just my husband, but apparently this is a man thing. So this man is looking at me saying, she didn't tell me what else I was supposed to do.  So I said to him, she is not your momma.  She is not supposed to tell you everything that you are supposed to do.  He said that is what she told him.  I tell my husband that all of the time.  I am not your momma!!!!

Seriously men,  do women have to tell you everything that you need to do?  You can't look around the house and see what needs to be done and just do it?  Dirty dishes need to be cleaned, dirty clothes need to be washes.  The floors need to be vacuumed, toys need to be picked up. You get the picture.  Women aren't the only ones that can do these chores.  But is seems that men either really don't notice or pretend not to notice. 

Bottom line,  we need help and we shouldn't have to ask for it.  We shouldn't have to tell you what needs to be done.  Look around, see what needs to be done and just do it.  Surprise your wife or significant other.

Remember, she is not your momma!!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Hey..!! Gr8 post i must say and i strongly agree...they either don't notice or pretend not to notice and all we get to her after a long tiring day along with household chores and kids is...what did you do the whole day..!!!???
    i really enjoy reading your posts keep blogging..!!
    Take Care,
    Shruthi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails