This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Monday, November 22, 2010

Bittersweet

This evening was bittersweet.  This evening my 2 1/2 year old got her first haircut by moi`.  Ok, it was just a trim but because her hair is so curly it looks a lot shorter.  I am one of those moms that think little girls should have long hair, why, because I did.  So it was extremely hard for me to do.  I had to do something with her hair, it has been getting very knotty lately.  It has also been dry and breaking,  I have been putting everything I can think of to help, but nothing was working, so I decided to trim it. There are so many different lengths and although it seemed long it wasn't a lot of her hair that was long.  So now it is all one length and it looks healthier and shinier. 

It took me about 20 minutes of her sitting on the counter with the scissors in my hand to make the initial cut.  I kept saying "I can't do it!!"  You think that's bad my seven year old was two before he got his first haircut.  He had these beautiful curls and looked like a little girl.  I barely cut his hair the first time, it was still long but he at least looked like a boy after. 

It is bittersweet.  It means that they are getting bigger.  I am sad to see her growing into a big girl, but at the same time excited at what comes next.  I miss her small but I love her little personality at this age.

She of course loves her hair and kept posing in the mirror.  I tried to take a picture but you can't really see any difference in her hair in the pictures.  I will try to post some more later.  Yes, she was running around  the house in her Tinkerbell PJ's dancing with her new do ;)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails