This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tornado Warning!!!


My son has been really concerned about weather lately.  The other day not thinking I told him that he probably wouldn't be able to play outside long because bad weather was coming through.  So all evening he kept asking about it. Well with weather being as unpredictable as it is, the storm didn't pass through until the middle of the night. It must have woke him up, because he started yelling for me and his dad.  His dad had to end up sleeping in his room the rest of the night.

A few days after that he was down the street playing at a friends house and must have came home a dozen times saying that the clouds were getting dark.

But Monday takes the cake.

I had to stop at a ladies house to pick up some stuff.  My son has come with me plenty of times.  As I pulled into her driveway I asked him is he was getting down or staying in the car.  He opted to stay in the car.  So I let him stay,  I was only going to be a few minutes.  So I get down and we chatted a little, another lady showed up an we chatted some more.  I really wasn't that long.  A few minutes after the other lady arrived we hear this pounding on the door.  We were are a little stumped of who it could be, when the door opened in comes my little one hopping through the door.  I could tell something was up.  He was hiding behind me.  When I asked  him what was wrong, he acted like nothing.

As we were walking out the door to leave, my son finally fesses up.  He tells me that there was a tornado warning on the radio.  I can only image the fear that must have consumed him when he heard this.  I am sure he looked around for this tornado, saw that it was clear and made a run for it.  The tornado was not getting him. Now my son is shy, really really shy.  Even though he has met these people before he had to have been terrified to have taken it upon himself to go to the door and knock like he did.

Once we got back in the car, I assured him that I would not have left him in the car if I thought a tornado was coming.  I then explained to him what the radio was saying and what the warning meant.

It was funny to say the least.  He even laughed later that evening when I told his dad.  I love this kid, I have been laughing all week about this.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. He is growing and learning... and most importantly, learning to deal with what the adults are saying.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with your son; I dislike storms. I have always been afraid of lightening and thunder and I still don't like it. As a young person if it started to lightening; I would be in my parents bed in a flash. I don't like to watch it at all. My husband on the other hand he likes to open up the drapes and watch the show.
    I know what your sweet son is feeling. I can't imagine what I would do if I thought a tornado was comning. My oldest daughter had lived recently in Nebraska and Missouri and I know they have tonado warning. Scary!
    Blessings to you all! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails