This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Thursday, June 20, 2013

Not My Momma Anymore


My youngest is quite the challenge, and with her getting older it isn't getting any easier.  Sometimes I have absolutely no idea how to react to the things she does and says.  Last weekend was no exception.

Last weekend my little one decided that she no longer wanted me to be her momma.  In fact she said that her Grammy (my mother) would now be her mother and she would be moving in with her.  Not sure exactly how to respond to this, I decided to go along.  I guess my reaction wasn't what she expected because she proceeded to tell me why she came to this decision.

"Because you don't let me do everything I want to do and you make me drink green smoothies,"  she said.  As if I would say that I would change that.  I explained to her that my job as her mother meant that sometimes she wouldn't get to do what she wanted to do because it may not be good for her.  As for the smoothies, I explained that I wanted her to be healthy and that is why I made them for her and her brother.

Well I guess that is not what she wanted to hear so she continued with her charade.  This started on Friday.  Getting up Saturday morning getting ready for church I thought that she was over this not my momma stuff.  Well she didn't talk to me much, somewhat ignored me.  My husband and her went to church ahead of me and me and my oldest met up with them later.

It was there that I found out she was telling everyone I was no longer her momma and her reasons as stated above.  I guess to see if anyone would agree with her.  I will admit it started to hurt my feelings a bit, but I wasn't about to let her know that,  I just laughed it off.  This continued through out the day, she continued giving me the cold shoulder.  She even ended up spending the night at my moms house.

I didn't pick her up till the afternoon the next day.  But her attitude changed dramatically.  "I love you momma,"  she told me when she saw me.  I responded, "Oh, I'm your momma now."   I am assuming that she must have really missed me because she spend the rest of the day hugging and kissing me and keeping really close by.  I guess I'm not such a bad momma after all.  But it really blows me away the things that this little girl thinks of.

What will she come up with next?? Dare I ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails