This isn't just another mommy blog, it's my mommy blog. What I will write about will simply depend on my mood. Anything is possible. Along with being a mommy, I am also a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend. Sometimes I will be serious and sometimes I will try to be funny, but its all in a days work. I love being a mom, its the best "job" one could ever have. Any questions or comments can be emailed to me at pmvincent00@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading!!!







Sunday, June 9, 2013

Another School Year- Gone


These days my little ones aren't so little.  This past year has been like most, a challenge.    But as a family we press on.

This past school year my oldest started a new school.  His old school started having problems with structure and we realized that it was time to move on.  We had started my youngest in a k-3 program at a church close to our home last year.  It just so happened that the following school year (this past school year) they would also be starting a school from K5-12.  After talking with my oldest ,who is extremely shy if you have realized from past post,  he agreed to go to the same school as his little sister.

I did bribe him the first week of school ;)  I told him that if he went the entire week without any complaints that he would be rewarded.   I wanted him to try to like his new school, not already have his mind made up that he didn't like it.  I figured that if I at least made it worth it to him, that he would at least try. The first week passed without complaint.  The second week did also.  He loved his new school and he made new friends almost instantly.  I felt so relieved about our decision to move him.

We went through an entire year with him only calling home once or twice to come him because he had a stomach ache.  It was awesome.  He was actually a little disappointed when the school year ended.

And for the little one, she absolutely loves it too.  In fact now that the year is over she really misses going too.

I can't believe that next school year I will have a kindergartener and a 5th grader.  Boy how time flies.

1 comment:

  1. Time does fly; so enjoy all the precious moments with your sweet children.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails